Sunday, December 14, 2008

10 Weeks To Go!

With only 10 weeks to go, Jackie is looking good! We've started our birthing/parenting classes put on by our hospital. There are a dozen or so other couples in the class, and just about half the class has exactly the same due date as us - 2/18/2009. Could be a full maternity ward. It's fun trying to guess the sex of the baby. We're told that heart rate can be an indication. Beats in the 140's signify a boy, and those in the 150's suggest a girl. During our last visit, the beats were between 148 and 152. Great, real helpful. As of today, I'm thinking girl and Jackie is thinking boy. That changes daily. Who knows, maybe we'll just have a green kitty.

Week 30:


1 comment:

The Lodatos said...

Wow green kitty? I was leaning more towards a red one since it is so close to Valentine's day. But go figure.
We were told the same thing about he heart rates and we find out more info tomorrow at our 20 week. She said the same and the heartbeat for ours was 149 and I was like wonderful, that helps! hahaha!

My Andy and I change weekly about what we think it is too based on food and how i am carrying it. But I really don't think it works. I mean back in the dark ages before ultrasounds when we were babies, the doctors told my mom I was a boy by the way she was carrying me, so go figure.

Does Red Kitty have a name yet? Have you guys settled on any yet?